Cosplay Anatomy: Applejack


Hat: Thrifted
Shirt: Thrifted (Embroidery/Applique by my mom)
Shorts: Forever 21
Suspenders: Kohl's
Bag: Forever 21
Shoes: Columbia
Wig: Ebay
Leather bracelet: Marshall's
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Apples: Thrifted



Applejack was one of my first cosplays, debuting at Indy Pop Con all the way back in 2015. My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic has a pretty solid following, but Applejack is one of the "Mane 6" that you don't see cosplayed much (compared to Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie). I love Applejack, her honesty and no-nonsense attitude are charming and help her be the voice of reason with the group.

This cosplay is definitely comfy, and thankfully not that hot! The wig is a bit warm, but that's to be expected anytime you wear a wig. I'll eventually need to upgrade the wig, the color isn't quite right, but it'll do for now.

One of my favorite parts of wearing Applejack is the "in character" experiences I've had, including two separate instances when I've talked to a little MLP fan as Applejack. (Which I go into more detail about in my recent "Cosplay Tag" video).

Now let's get to apple buckin'!

Cosplay Anatomy is an ongoing series of posts where I breakdown the parts of my various cosplays. This allows readers to find out how I completed the look and how they might go about making their own.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts