Saturday, February 6, 2016
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Wednesday, February 3, 2016
We're days away from my 33rd birthday (note I said 32nd on my last update, I swear I know how old I am!), let's look at how I'm doing on my 40 before 40 list.
1) Become debt free: Getting there, we now have both cars paid off!
2) Travel to England and France: Working on the plans
4) Become a homeowner
5) Adopt at least one cat
6) Get more tattoos
7) Learn to drive a stick shift
8) Sail to Alaska: Planned for summer of 2018
10) See a show on Broadway
11) Run the Walt Disney World half marathon
12) Become DVC owners
Go kayaking/tubing DONE x3
14) Get SCUBA certified
15) Learn a foreign language
16) Take tap dancing lessons
18) Visit a (non-Disney) castle
19) Go horseback riding
20) Learn to play chess
21) Attend a TED/TED X Talk: the one at IU didn't pan out so I'm back to waiting
22) See a Cirque de Soleil show
23) Ride a segway
24) Attend a music festival
25) Run a (non-Disney) half marathon
26) Sail the Panama Canal
27) Go skiing: we've had a mild winter, so maybe next winter?
28) Renew my wedding vows
30) Take a road trip around Michigan
31) Attend either San Diego or New York Comic Con
32) Sail on all the of Disney cruise ships at least once: Halfway there!
33) Meet Shaun, Keith and Glenn from Traveling the Vortex
35) Gain full-time employment in my field: close, I did get a promotion but it's still part-time
36) Visit Disneyland Paris
37) Meet my fellow Five(ish) Fangirls
38) Attend Gallifrey One
39) Walk a red carpet
40) Visit a working TV or movie set
Monday, February 1, 2016
Chauncey and I love going to the movies, and recently to celebrate his (belated) birthday, we went and saw the latest James Bond film 'Spectre'. But rather than going to a restaurant beforehand, we decided to give the new Flix Brewhouse up on Carmel a try. What sets Flix Brewhouse apart from other "serve you a meal while watching a movie" theatre, is that Flix also has an in-house microbrewery where they brew their own beer. Which for my beer loving husband, this was right up his alley.
The beer is a brewing!
Grabbing a drink at the bar before getting seated
We arrived a bit early so we sat at the bar till they called our row to get seated inside the theatre, Chauncey got himself a beer while we skimmed the menu (even though we'd already checked it out online).
Soon our row was called (you pick your assigned seats when you pre-purchase your tickets online) and our waitress took our order. The food arrived after the movie stared so we don't have any pictures, but we shared a big bag of popcorn, an order of fried pickles, Chauncey had the fish and chips, I had the chicken fingers. Everything was really good and hot, and neither of us left the movie hungry. Our waitress was slow in bringing us our drinks, but we were so engrossed in the movie and eating that we almost didn't notice.
The seats at Flix Brewhouse are these oversized leather chairs, and your table moves so that you can bring it closer to you and then push it back if you need to get up. Because of the nicer theatre setting, you do pay a bit more per ticket just for the movie, but it's totally worth it for the enhanced movie-going experience. It's not something we'd do on a regular basis, but for special events like birthdays or a movie that we really want to see and splurge a little, we'll certainly to go Flix Brewhouse again.