Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff


This week has been frustrating: the weather has sucked (the sun make a short appearance today for the first time in almost a week); my car broke down on Monday and isn't fixed yet; work has been super busy; a certain inauguration is taking place tomorrow....but all of that pales in comparison to the phone call I got today from my mother-in-law.

We lost a family member today, it wasn't someone we were super close to, but their death was sudden and shocking to us all. Of course Chauncey and I plan on attending the funeral once we know the details, because that's what you do for family. But hearing this news today, makes all of my own issues seem not so important. My car will get fixed eventually, I should be glad that I have a job (and I am!), spring will arrive eventually, and that last thing....well that's for another post.

But I digress. Remember life can be fleeting and goes by in the blink of an eye. Take those few moments you could be spending folding socks or loading the dishwasher, and spend them letting your loved ones know how you feel. Give them a hug if you can, or give them a call if they are away from you. Even a simple text could make a difference. The socks will still be there later.

Comments

Popular Posts