Emmy Awards Fashion Favorites and Fails

I watched last night's Emmy Awards and as far as the ceremony went I have to admit I was a bit bored. The few people/shows I like either weren't nominated in the first place (hello Glee and House!) or if they were they didn't win (Jim Parsons, Mayim Bialik and Betty White!) By the time we got four awards in and Modern Family had won three I was ready to turn the TV off, but since there was nothing else on and I wanted to see what kind of shenanigans Jimmy Kimmel would get in to I kept watching. I do have to say that I liked Julia Louis-Dreyfus "accidentally" switching her acceptance speech with Amy Poehler and Tracy Morgan "passing out" on stage for 10 minutes. But of course the most important part of the evening was the clothing! (Sorry guys but this post is going to be of ladies only!) I'll go from my least favorite to most favorite (all pictures are from E! Online):

Fashion Fails


Hayden Panettiere in Marchesa: I love the sparkly gold sheath with the blue overlay, but the overlay needed to look less like she had been TP-ed right before stepping onto the red carpet. 

Lena Dunham in Prada: One word, MATRONLY! The shape of this dress does nothing to flatter her figure and is not age appropriate (she's 26!) for such a young up-and-comer.

Meh!

Zooey Deschanel in Reem Acra: First off the look on her face is terrible, not sure who decided use this particular picture as I'm sure there were others where she is smiling. Second of all this color is just drab.  The neckline is flattering and I like the layering of the skirt but it's not a complete hit.

Heidi Klum in Alexander Vauthier: I know Heidi is in the middle of divorce (and apparently a budding relationship with her body guard) and probably wants to make sure she looks like she's happy (which she genuinely might be) but to me this is too much. Too much cleavage, too much leg.

Julianne Moore in Christian Dior: First off, apparently is was incredibly hot in LA last night so I can't imagine that those long sleeves and high neckline could have been comfortable. I love it when redheads experiment with color but this yellow is just too much!

Sofia Vergara in Zuhair Murad: I get it, Sofia is muy caliente. I'd like to see her in something different instead of her never ending wardrobe of Jessica Rabbit gowns.

January Jones in Zac Posen: Something about this look is just off. Her hair doesn't seem right, her makeup seems wrong. The dress itself is fun but from the neck up January is lacking.

Like

Morena Baccarin in Basil Soda: This grey color is just great against her skin and the slit in the front is just sexy enough without being vulgar.

Ginnifer Goodwin in Monique Lhuillier: Orange isn't a color you normally see on the red carpet but I like it on Ginnifer with her dark hair.

LOVE!

Giuliana Rancic in Romona Keveza: Oh Giuliana, she just gorgeous in everything she wears. At first glance it looks like she's just wearing a black dress but at closer inspection you see the little details that make it even more special. The asymmetrical neckline with that little pop pointing toward her left shoulder, the satin finish band around the waist and the slit in the skirt make this more than a black dress.

Tina Fey in Vivienne Westwood: Tina can be hit or miss when it comes to her red carpet choices but this one she hit out of the park. The shape of this dress shows off all of her curves, the details on the neckline draw your eye up to her face and the up do with those drop earrings, beautiful!

Claire Danes in Lanvin: Some may say that this dress is a bit on the casual side, but unlike the Oscars I think you can experiment more. In Claire's case I'm sure being comfortable in the heat with a growing baby bump was her first priority. I love this color on her, she looks like a Barbie doll.

Nicole Kidman in Antonio Berardi: Nicole looks amazing (can you believe she's 45?). The detailing on this dress is just beautiful and makes her dress more visually interesting.













Comments

  1. It was incredibly hot yesterday, I seriously don't know how Julianne Moore survived in that dress on the red carpet! I actually liked her dress, but wished it was short. I think it would've been really adorable as a short dress, especially since the looked all flirty a-line. I actually liked Zooey's look, but agree that they should've picked a picture where she didn't look bored. I didn't like the metallic trend (it looked like chest armor to me) and thought Claire Danes looked like Ariel when she first got her legs (just an old pirate flag wrapped around her lol) but since she's preggers, I'll let her slide. ;) Did you hear Sofia Vergara's dress split just before the entire cast won for "best comedy"? There's a twitter pic of her very nice backside peeking out of her busted zipper on the internet. I think she works it though. If I had her attributes, I'd probably showcase them too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about Claire Danes, I didn't see it before but I do now. LOL! Yeah I heard about Sofia's dress. Maybe if she didn't wear those dresses it might not have burst at the seams. I just get bored seeing her at every single awards show looking like a hispanic version of Jessica Rabbit (of course I'm not a big fan of her or Modern Family in general so I may be a bit biased). I bet you're glad you weren't out in that heat yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Yeah I agree. Try something different already Sofia. We know you're hot so try a different silhouette...one that allows you to sit and pass gas like a normal person! lol

    The Emmy's are more fun when I care about what's nominated. I actually watch MF, but I tune out when all the drama/cable shows are up because I don't watch them, so I totally relate to your bias.

    The heat was terrible, but I would've gladly braved it if I was invited to some of those after parties! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts