Fashion Feature: Denim options at American Eagle

Fall is coming, and I don't know about you but jeans are one of my wardrobe staples in the fall and winter. Some of my favorite pairs of jeans come from American Eagle, they always have a great fit, wash, and softness (one of the big things I look for in a pair of jeans). Recently American Eagle has come out with some new fits, so I wanted to check them out. Below are the fits I tried and my opinion of each.

The Kick Boot is a pretty typical boot cut jean, fitted in the hips and thighs then flares out a bit below the knees. I've got a pretty round butt and hips, and I found that the kick boot conformed to my curves rather well and I didn't get that gap in the back waistband.
denim fall wardrobe back to school

denim fall wardrobe back to school

I love jeggings for tucking into my boots in the fall. These jeggings had a lot of stretch which was great, however I would have preferred a high rise (they have a high rise version but I couldn't find a pair in my size). Again, they conformed well to my curves, but I think that my rear was hugged just a bit too tight for my tastes. I would like to go back and try the higher rise and see if I like those better.
denim fall wardrobe back to school

denim fall wardrobe back to school

I thought that the moto jeggings were an interesting and different cut, but after trying them on, this cut is not for me. The placement of the zippers was unfortunate, not flattering at all. Even if I had tried these in the denim wash, I still think these are a no.
denim fall wardrobe back to school

denim fall wardrobe back to school

The skinny jean is a similar cut to the jegging, just a bit looser and a slightly higher rise. I liked these better than the jeggings, however the ankle is looser and wouldn't tuck as well into the boots I own but I could deal. I also tried folding the hem at the ankles which gave the jeans a different look, something that would work well with my Sperry Topsiders or ankle boots.
denim fall wardrobe back to school

denim fall wardrobe back to school

The Artist Jean is a high rise cut and a flared leg, a larger flare than a boot cut. I love the rise of these jeans and the overall fit. These conformed well to my curves, no waistband gap, the only issue was the security tag digging into my back LOL! Of the five pairs I tried, these are my top pick.
denim fall wardrobe back to school

denim fall wardrobe back to school

Just for fun, a couple of tops

I was drawn to the colors in this sweater and the fun zipper detail on the shoulders. I tried this on in a medium which fit well in the shoulders and arms but I felt was a bit baggy in the chest. I could have gone down to the small, but I think it would be too snug in the armpits and shoulders. I would probably wear such a loose top with skinny jeans to balance out the loose top.
knit sweater stripes neon fall wardrobe back to school

knit sweater stripes neon fall wardrobe back to school

I love the detailing on this top, it also comes in blue but the detail gets lost with the darker background. I found the contrast of the black on the white more striking, and the softness of the top is amazing. Even though this top is sleeveless I think it could transition into fall with a cardigan, blazer or denim jacket.
loose tank black and white shoulder details fall wardrobe back to school

loose tank black and white shoulder details fall wardrobe back to school

Overall my favorite pieces were the two tops, the skinny jeans, and the Artist jean. I love American Eagle's products as a whole and feel that the jeans are probably worth the investment. The tops I'll probably wait and see if they end up at the American Eagle outlet.

You can find all of American Eagle's Denim options here


*I was in no way compensated by American Eagle for this post, I went and tried out these products on my own time because I wanted to. All opinions are my own.

Comments

  1. I've never purchased anything at AE, but I have tried on their jeans and agree that they're curve friendly. I'm just such a picky jeans person that finding a pair is so hard and I end up with the same pair for years and years. I just hate the frayed/beat up look. If I'm paying $50+ for clothes, I want them to look nice and not look like I got them at a flea market. lol So a lot of the times anything with a weird wash or holes in them are eliminated even if the fit is perfect. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, there's a fine line between subtle distressing and looking like you ran your jeans over with a semi truck.

      Delete
  2. https://goo.gl/Fw3jBE - What an nice blog post - loved it. I've not actually got that many pairs of boots etc, really struggle with comfort! Needing to add different colour to my collection, started to achieve this with boots/sandals until the change of weather - but now need to start on my Mid Waisted Kick Flare Jeans In Dark Blue Wash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, excellent blog, I like this kind of jeans, maybe I can try this method. Thanks for your sharing
    Black Blue Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice http://stylesandsmarts.blogspot.com/2013/08/fashion-feature-denim-options-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Stylish Acid Wash Hoodie for Girls is a delightful choice, combining fashion and comfort for your little one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts