My Ideal Workspace

I'm very fortunate at my "real world" job that I have a great space to work, plenty of counter space, touches that make it very me, a comfy chair. At home, well, I'm not so lucky...

my current work space




The biggest issue really is the fact that my husband and I share this space. It's his workshop, and it's also where I do most of the recording for my podcast. It's not ideal, but it's the best we have considering we're in a 2-bedroom apartment. The window faces south, so we get some good natural light, and I have a nice view of the pond outside (with its resident noisy geese). But once the sun goes down it's hard to light up the room because it gets really dark (hence the back lighting in the photo above). Plus, I'd really love to have my own spot where I can spread out and not worry about disturbing any of my husband's stuff. One of these days we'll move and likely have the space to create a spot just for me. And I know (almost) exactly what I'd like it to look like.

my ideal workspace collage

Bright, colorful, with lots of storage....in other words, just my style :-) I'm a sucker for bins and holders for stuff, plus a bright wall and a quirky rug just screams FUN and CREATIVE! I know we won't be in our apartment forever, and I look forward to when I have a space to work that I can call my own.

And if you are a freelancer or even a larger company that requires a better space to work, why don't you check out the offerings from the folks over at WeWork. They offer office spaces with everything from single work spaces up to conference rooms, with amenities like kitchens and even mail handling. Find out more at WeWork.com and on Facebook.


Comments

  1. Your dream office looks very inviting and organized. I think you still need a Tardis in there though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts