My Harry Potter Themed Birthday Party

I haven't had a birthday party in years, so when I was facing turning 35 I figured why the heck not. After visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal in December and rereading the entire book series, I had Potter on the brain and decided that would be the theme of my party.

Of course, these days the best resource for any sort of party planning is Pinterest. While I don't mind being crafty, I was also on a budget both monetary and time wise. So I had to pick and choose what I wanted to do. Relevant links are below.

With almost 20 people in attendance, I wanted a lot of simple "finger foods" so that people could graze while socializing. I got several compliments on the food, and considering I'm not much of a cook I'd say that's a win! (Thanks to Costco!)

Charcuterie: Costco
Cheese: Costco
Chips: Aldis

Fruit pastries: World Market
Berries: Costco
Roasted potatoes: Costco

Fizzing Whizzbees: Sour gummies
Cockroach clusters: Chocolate covered peanuts
Jelly slugs: Gummy worms

Treacle fudge: Double chocolate brownies
Polyjuice potion: Sprite and rainbow sherbet
Chocolate digestives and Tim Tams: World Market

Hogwarts plates, napkins and cups: Oriental Trading Company



I kept the decor fairly simple, as I wanted to keep in fairly neutral house affiliation wise. Black is always a good background, but I did add a few colored accents to bring in some house representation for some Hogwarts pride. The colored tissue balls are from Dollar Tree.

Streamers: Dollar Tree
Platform 9 3/4 sign: Google

Thanks to everyone who showed up! Getting older is so much better and more fun when surrounded by family and friends!





Comments

  1. Wow, this My Harry Potter Themed Birthday Party was stunning. In the parties, the food is my favorite part. I also would be hosting a lovely bash for my daughter’s birthday that I would be hosting at the prettiest New York venues. Have picked the anime theme for that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts