A Kingdom of Isolation....A Covid-19 Diary (Part 4)

 

Finally meeting Holly!

Oh hello SEPTEMBER! When I last wrote it was May....time flies when you're social distancing? It's certainly been an interesting summer. 

In mid-June Chauncey and I hit the road for a long weekend in Wisconsin. We both needed a break from the monotony of being stuck at home. The gym didn't even reopen till early June, so while that's been the one place I've semi-consistently been when I do get out, the drastic change of pace was just what we needed.

Why Wisconsin? Well, it was an easy enough drive from central Indiana, we only had a long weekend so we didn't want to spend a lot of time in the car. The House On The Rock was someplace we both have wanted to visit (me for the first time, C for the second in over a decade) and it was now reopened for visitors. Plus, we could visit my friend and podcasting co-host Holly! As you may know, we have yet to have all of us in the same place at the same time, but over the past 6 years we've managed to have one-to-one visits (Brittany has met me, Chrissy, and Mich on different occasions; I met Brittany last year, and now I've met Holly). We had a great time and ate a LOT of cheese and other Wisconsin dairy products. You can catch the whole trip on my channel

Hiking the dunes or the cover for our next album? 😄

It was a blessing to get away even for a bit again in mid-July for our annual trip to the family cabin in Michigan. No internet, no TV, barely a cellphone signal. Just a small group of friends, food, campfires and the great outdoors. 

The rest of July and pretty much all of August was a whirlwind of work, going to the gym, fighting injury and/or illness (I'm just now finishing treatment for a sinus and ear infection). Oh yeah, and podcast homework. Did I mention that on top of the Five(ish) Fangirls I'm now part of another podcast? Yep, Gold Standard-The Oscars Podcast follows myself along with Nik and Xan as we watch and review every Academy Award winner for Best Picture in chronological order. It's been a lot of fun and I'm watching so many movies that I'd likely never watch otherwise. Thankfully my local library has been an amazing resource for getting most of them on DVD if they aren't on the streaming services we're subscribed to. Otherwise this would become an expensive venture (even renting from a site like Amazon or YouTube would add up eventually). Get a library card folks, you'll thank me later!

So now we're facing Labor Day Weekend, the unofficial end of summer. The pandemic is still going on along with other things, so I guess with fall and eventually winter coming that generally staying home won't necessarily be a bad thing. 

So long summer, until next year!




Comments

Popular Posts