Trying something new....


So I've come to realize that I am a terrible blogger. It's not that I don't want to post anything, I'm on the internet a LOT. And I'm creating and publishing content all over the place (see my two podcasts, TikTok, and YouTube channel*), just not here. And I have ideas for posts, usually, they come at night as I'm snuggled in bed trying to fall asleep. 



For the longest time, I struggled, trying to ride the bandwagon of other "influencers" and posting similar content to them, even if it wasn't 100% authentically me. I was into clothes and makeup at the time, but it wasn't what I was passionate about (I mean, I still like shopping for clothes and buying makeup, but it's not a big motivator). 

My friend and co-worker, Beth, over at The Crafty Nerd has recently posted that she's been in a similar boat creativity-wise, so I guess it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm sure I could go into things like "Millenial Burnout" or whatever, and I might at some point in the future but honestly, I don't have the energy right now (how's that for irony #ElderMillenial).



So what does this ramble mean? In short, I'm going to try and post more, but it's going to be on my terms. No themed days, no schedules, no niches, no promises. It might be nerdy content, it might be more serious life-related stuff, or it might just be ramblings about a weird dream I had. Really this is going to be an outlet for my mind. Sure I could journal in an actual notebook with paper and a pen, but I know myself and that'll never happen. Unless I find something better, this is what I'm going with. If you want to stick around, great. If not, we can always remember the good times? Whatever, it's going on 10:30pm and I need to go to bed. 




*If you pay attention to when footage is shot versus when it is posted, you'll notice that while I'm pretty good about filming, I'm not so consistent with editing and uploading. A for effort?

Comments

Popular Posts