Product review: OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Collection

So while I am a HUGE fan of all things Disney, I'm especially a HUGE fan of Pirates of the Caribbean both the ride and the movies. I've seen all of the movies including the newest installment, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".


Earlier in this month OPI released a collection of nail polishes based on the new POTC movie with six colors and their newest shatter polish.


L-R: Sparrow Me The Drama, Skull & Glossbones, Steady As She Rose, Stranger Tides, Planks A Lot 



Mermaids Tears & Silver Shatter



So far I've painted Mermaids Tears with the Silver Shatter on my fingers and Stranger Tides on my toes.

Both polishes took two coats and my toes could have used a third coat, which I'm not sure if that's the polish's fault or my still-novice ability at using nail polish? Probably a little of both...... However the shatter I didn't have any issues with. Unlike it's predecessor the OPI Black Shatter, the Silver goes on smoothly and doesn't dry quite as quickly so if you want to make minor touch-ups you can. The thicker you paint it on the less cracks you will have while a thinner coat will create more cracks and allow more of the under color to peek through.

I love the color of Mermaids Tears, it's a beautiful medium-to-dark green-blue color and with the silver shatter on top it gives it a hint of sparkle without a huge color contrast. Stranger Tides is a light-to-medium grayish-green. It's a nice lighter color if you want a fun springtime type green, however note that the grey does come through quite a bit depending on the light and your skin tone so if you want more of a true green this probably isn't for you. 

So far I'm fairly pleased with the collection, the polish on my fingers lasted almost 6 days before it started to chip which is quite a long time for me considering how much I used my hands each day. I'm looking forward to playing with the rest of the colors and also comparing the OPI shatter to China Glaze's Crackle collection.

Comments

Popular Posts