My $10 Tenth Doctor Cosplay

David Tennant as the 10th Doctor

my 10th Doctor cosplaymy 10th Doctor cosplay

Indiana Comic Con was the first time I had ever attempted cosplaying before. My brother is really good at it, and he convinced me to give it a try. I can't sew to save my life, so I knew that any outfit I put together would have to come from items found in my closet and my local thrift store. Thankfully thrifting is one of my favorite pastimes, so I was up for the challenge. And in all honesty, I already owned the shirt, coat and shoes, so all I needed was the suit and a tie.

So here's where it gets interesting. I have several branches of Goodwill near me, and I tend to bounce between them all, but this particular day I walked into one I'd never been to before. Now I can't speak for all Goodwills, but around here on the first Saturday of each month, the entire store is 50% off, and on Sundays, the chosen "color of the week" is 99 cents.  Well wouldn't you know it, the day I went to this Goodwill it was Sunday, and as I browsing the racks I came across this two-piece suit, and it was my size AND the color of the week.....so it was 99 cents! Can you say score!?! 

So here's the breakdown (not counting shoes):
Brown pinstripe suit 99 cents
Shirt (already owned but thrifted) $3
Tie 99 cents
Trench coat (already owned but thrifted) $5

Total $10!

Moral of the story, don't count out your local thrift stores for costumes, be it for cosplay or Halloween or whatever!

Comments

Popular Posts