On Getting Older

My birthday is in a little over 2 weeks, I'll be turning 34. It's weird because I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I'm always excited for presents (*cough gift cards *cough) and getting taken out to eat (and usually there's cake!)

But on the other hand, that means the NEXT birthday I'll be turning 35....that's a hard number to take in. Granted these days the average life expectancy is mid-80's, 35 is hardly middle aged. But the idea of having to start getting mammograms and needing to change my birth control are not the first things that come to mind when celebrating a birthday.

Aging Gracefully ecard

Turning 35 as a woman means changes in my body are coming; fertility drops, metabolism slows down...pretty much every horrible thing Cosmo tells us can be counteracted with lifestyles like Halle Berry and  Kate Hudson. Actually the dropping fertility doesn't bother me, in fact I'm fully embracing the dwindling of my childbearing years. #ChildFreeByChoice #NoKidsNoThanks

But I've already started to feel the affects since my last birthday; hot flashes, getting up at least once a night to pee, irritability, gaining weight....ugh....Getting older is hard work.

But it's not all bad, maybe I'll get another tattoo.....and a puppy....

At least you're not as old as you will be next year ecard

Comments

Popular Posts