Our 3rd Anniversary at WDW: Part 7

Tuesday, December 11th, 2012

Our last day started off differently than most, I let Chauncey sleep in while I went to the Magic Kingdom by myself. There was still the threat of rain so I left both my scooter and boot behind (which turned out to be a good decision, it poured again that day and I would have gotten the scooter and boot soaked). I arrived at the park at rope drop and got myself breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. Then I just wandered taking pictures and doing a few attractions.





I rode the TTA


I saw PUSH!


Construction continued on the 7 Dwarves Mine Train


The Barnstormer







It's A Small World




And the Hall of Presidents









I also caught the end of the "Dream Along With Mickey" stage show




While waiting for Chauncey to arrive I hung out around town square and saw the Trolly show















Chauncey finally showed up about the same time that the "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It" street party came out







We had an ADR for lunch but needed to kill a little more time so we played another game of Sorcerer's  of the Magic Kingdom



If you remember from my report on our cruise on the Disney Dream we won a raffle prize that included lunch with Lou Mongello at Sci-Fi Dine In. Unfortunately Sci-Fi didn't have ANY openings while we were there so we substituted and went to Tony's Town Square instead. We ended up doing a dining review that Lou recorded for his show and will appear in a future podcast. So stay tuned! It was an awesome meal, Lou is so much fun to talk to about not only Disney but other stuff. 

After lunch was over we bit farewell to Lou and Chauncey and I went a got our wristbands for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. We always end our trip with going to the Christmas party if we can help it. I can't really get into the Christmas spirit without it!



Of course we saw Mickey and Minnie




The first showing of the parade was going on so instead of fighting the crowds we decided to go see the princesses and their men



I wanted to see Scrooge McDuck and he was meeting back in Fantasyland so we walked back that way. The fireworks started and we found that the courtyard area between the carousel and the entrance to New Fantasyland is a great spot for fireworks. You won't be able to see the stuff that takes place only in front of the castle but the large fireworks literally surround you where we were.


Uncle Scrooge noticed our anniversary buttons and wanted to know why I had married Chauncey and not him. I told him I married for love and not for money but if anything ever happened to Chauncey he'd be the first person I call ;-)


After seeing Uncle Scrooge we went over to Frontierland and got a spot for the 2nd showing of the parade. There's usually good spots near The Country Bears, plus the parade starts in Frontierland so once it passes you can take off and do something else, you don't wait as long as those over on Main Street.


We were able to squeeze in a ride on Haunted Mansion and Buzz Lightyear before calling it quits and going back to our room to pack.




Comments

Popular Posts