Good Eatin': The Original Q Shack (Durham, NC)





Nestled in the hills of North Carolina sits a little restaurant known at The Original Q Shack. When we pulled up, I immediately was hit by the aroma of BBQ. Being a Sunday, the Shack was a bit busy, but even then they were able to take our order and serve it up rather quickly and efficiently. The menu is huge, with several types of meats available along with a large selection of sides. And every order comes with a side of hush puppies (which I let my husband eat as I'm not a fan). 

I had the loaded baked potato topped with cheese, sour cream, bacon, and smoked sausage. My husband had the two meat combo with peppered smoked sausage, brisket, fried okra, and mac & cheese. I tried some the brisket and it was quite good, and while I normally love mac & cheese, I didn't like how they seasoned theirs. But my husband loved everything he got and consumed the whole thing, and I ate my whole potato.

Overall we were very pleased with our meal, we both walked away with full bellies and weren't hungry again for hours. If we find ourself near Durham again, we'll certainly be returning to the Q Shack.

Comments

Popular Posts