I hate politics

I may need to call in sick due to election fatigue

Unless you've been living under a rock (or maybe the Bermuda Triangle), you've probably noticed that this year's presidential election has gotten UGLY! And honestly, I'm over it. My Facebook feed is full of political posts, positive and negative, for all parties, and while I have unfollowed a few friends, for the most part I let it go. Why? Because this is America and we have this thing called "Freedom of Speech". Of course I also have the freedom to ignore it, which I have been for the most part. Of course it's hard when those close to you are on the opposite side of your political beliefs. That's the part that really gets me. Because I know what their motivations are, but they are being so narrow-minded and can't see past their own problems to see what would be best for this country. 

But I digress. As election day quickly approaches, I find myself burned out. I will still cast my vote in November, because it's my right and because I think this election will be won by hairs so every vote WILL COUNT. 

But in the meantime, I will be focusing my energies into more positive and pleasant things, like sharing pictures of corgis on Instagram and leveling up my farm on Farmville 2. Because this is 'Merica!


Comments

Popular Posts