Post Gen Con 50: What I Did and Didn't Do

If you remember, before Gen Con I made posts about games I'd like to demo along with a two-part post about things to do besides gaming. Now Gen Con is over, what, if anything, from those "plans" did I actually check off?

DEMOS

Of the games I had listed, I didn't manage to demo any of them. I did stop by the USAopoly booth on Sunday with the intent of trying Codenames Disney, but no one ever bothered to come up and offer to do a demo, even though there were other people standing there with me also waiting and there were reps standing there. #FAIL


OTHER THINGS TO DO

The 32nd Annual Gen Con Costume Contest and Parade: DONE! (Sort of)
I did catch some of the parade on my way to the costume contest, so I was a viewer in passing. The costume contest itself once again did not disappoint. There are so many talented people who come to Gen Con, the judges had their work cut out for them.

Our friends from "And Sewing Is Half The Battle" in their Amok Time Star Trek group
Our friends from "And Sewing Is Half The Battle" in their Amok Time Star Trek group

This year's Best In Show winner!
This year's Best In Show winner!

Candy Land! I loved this game as a kid!
Candy Land! I loved this game as a kid!

Dine from a food truck: DONE! More than once!
It was super hot, so waiting in the lines for the food trucks wasn't the most appealing, but I couldn't pass up on the options that had my name written all over it. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of everything.

Mac and cheese with bacon and sour cream
Mac and cheese with bacon and sour cream

Shopping The Exhibitor Hall: DONE!
We aren't a big gaming household, so a lot of what was for sale didn't hold much interest. I did pick up two new games that I think will be good for us when we go camping or have friends over. I did stop by the Who North America booth (more than once, they are family after all) and Con*Quest Journals to say Hi. I also stopped by the Buy The Rights booth and ended up interviewing them for the podcast!

Exploding Kittens (NSFW Edition) and Pictopia The Marvel Cinematic Universe
Exploding Kittens (NSFW Edition) and Pictopia The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Panels: DONE! But not all that I planned.
I missed all of the podcasting related panels due to other things popping up, but I did make it to Wes' Photography In Cosplay panel. He's also made his notes available online for those who missed it.

Wes "The Portrait Dude"
Senpai!

As I mentioned quite a bit on this week's podcast, but time management is a big thing with Gen Con because of how big the con is. Yeah I missed things, but I wasn't nearly as run down by the end of the weekend either (unlike last year). So I call that a win.

Comments

Popular Posts