Vacation, all I ever wanted....



Several years ago I was reunited with a lost love, and that love was Walt Disney World. Ever since then almost every vacation I've been on since has been to WDW, heck I even got married there! However my husband has been wanting to plan vacations to places other than WDW (*gasp*), don't worry we're still planning on going at least every year for our anniversary, but waiting 12 months between ANY vacation can be exhausting. So we've been looking into vacations we can do in the summer, and this year we were originally going to do what has been termed a "stay-cation" where you stay at home and explore your local area. We were going to go to the Brickyard 400 which we haven't been to in a couple of years and then do road trips around the state for a week and see what we can find. However we recently had a change of plans. My husband and his family have a long history of going on family vacations, sometimes it was just family and other times it included friends and their families, which if you know my husband's family at all that pretty much guarantees and good time :-) So instead of our stay-cation we are now going to Topsail Island, North Carolina.




I'm not really a lay-at-the-beach type vacation person, but I've been doing research and have found all sorts of fun stuff we can do not only at Topsail (and the surrounding area) but also along the way there since we are driving. Nothing specific has been planned quite yet but keep tuned as plans develop.....






Comments

Popular Posts