Glee Live!

Those of you who know me know that I am Gleek and proud of it, and for those of you who have been living under a rock, a Gleek is a fan of the TV show Glee. I started watching part-way through the first season and have been hooked ever since. I have a TON of the songs on my iPod plus shirts, bags, even the Glee themed polishes that OPI came out with earlier this year. So when I heard that the cast of Glee would be touring again this summer and they were coming to Indianapolis I was determined to go.

My concert polish job, all Glee by OPI: on my toes, "Mashup" and "Gleek Out". On my fingers, "Who Let The Dorks Out?" and "Hell To The No" 

Waiting in line for merchandise before the show

So the premise of the concert is that the glee club of McKinley High School from the show is on tour, so all of the cast are in character the entire time. And this year they brought along The Warblers from Dalton Academy where Kurt Hummel attended to part of season 2. The set list included numbers from both season 1 and season 2 with a good mix of group numbers and songs that featured each cast member either on their own or in pairs. (At this point I would like to apologize for the quality of my pictures, my camera's batteries decided to die at the beginning of the show so I had to make due with my phone and another camera that doesn't have any sort of setting options to take pictures in different environments)



Setlist

Don't Stop Believing





Dog Days Are Over


Sing

(I'm A) Slave 4 U




Fat Bottomed Girls




I Want To Hold Your Hand



Ain't No Way


PYT (Pretty Young Thing)






Born This Way





Firework






Sue Sylvester introduces the Dalton Academy Warblers



Teenage Dream







Silly Love Songs




Raise Your Glass





Happy Days/Get Happy










Lucky






River Deep, Mountain High






Brittany decides she wants to ask Blaine out (apparently Brittany doesn't have very good gay-dar because last year she proclaimed her love for Kurt) so she brings him on stage, Blaine is of course caught off guard. But Kurt soon interrupts, "Brittany are you hitting on my man?" Kurt then proposes to Blaine asking him to join the Glee club. Blaine then exclaims that he'd love to so that he can finally sing an 80's rock song but Kurt suggests they leave that to Finn.















Jessie's Girl









Valerie






Loser Like Me









Single Ladies Dance Number




Friday







Safety Dance
















Empire State Of Mind




Somebody To Love























Overall the show was amazing! It was certainly one of the best concerts I've ever been to, I only wish I had another chance to catch it during this tour but there's always next year right?




Comments

Popular Posts