A game plan....


Day #16 of the challengeSomething difficult about your "lot in life" and how you're working to overcome it

Photo from here

Are you guys getting sick of hearing me complain about the job woes? If you are I'm sorry, but I'm finding that blogging about it quite therapeutic and no one is forcing you to read these posts. If you are still here, thanks for lending a virtual ear. If you are new you might want to start here, here and here...

So here we are again...granted I wasn't expecting any great revelation since my last job related post, although I received some great words of encouragement from several of you and for that I am grateful. So after my last post and talking to a couple of people I guess I should clarify a few things.

-Both of my degrees (my BS and MS) are in Media Arts & Science. My specific course of study was doing video; filming, editing, writing scripts.

-What I really want to do is find a way to combine my media skills with blogging/social media and my love for travel/exploration. I'd love to be able to travel, attend special events, try new restaurants while blogging/filming the highlights/stuff people should know (similar to my Brown County and Disney trip reports) in hopes to promote tourism. I started the process of becoming a Disney travel agent because I love traveling and planning vacations/trips (which unfortunately that particular job is not getting anywhere at the moment). I wouldn't mind doing blog posts/videos in a freelance manner for a website or the like.

-So what am I doing in the interm? Still looking for a job that gets me out of my current one. I wouldn't mind getting a position (preferably part-time as I do enjoy my 2nd job even if it doesn't pay much) in an office doing secretary/receptionist type work. My biggest frustration is that I'm on a such a wonky schedule that literally changes each week. I thrive on schedules, especially steady/predictable ones. I'd like to be able to have my nights and weekends free to spend with my husband, family, friends. Then I can go out and do little road trips similar to our Brown County trek on a more regular basis. I'm also looking into internships, although that's almost a hard because I've been out of school for a year already (not that it'll stop me from looking!)

So there you have it. I hope that clarifies a few questions I think a couple people had. If you still have any question, feel free to ask!





Comments

  1. I'm glad that getting it off of your chest is helping. I wish there was more I could do to help other than just listening and trying to be encouraging. A lot of my friends are in your same boat and I just wish the job fairy would visit everyone and make them happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope! I'll be honest, I told DH the other day that I wish people could be more helpful than just lending an ear and saying "Well I hope things work out for you soon!" But alas, if someone had a solution I'm sure they would have shared it. Getting it off my chest is helping, you can't let stress build up, it's not healthy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts