Music to my ears

Day #29 of the challenge: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories


Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy: One of the pieces of music from my first year of marching band


Hey Jude by The Beatles: The Beatles (and their solo works) have been part of my musical upbringing for as long as I can remember. I've been lucky enough to see Paul sing this live twice (will be three in a few months!) and it's amazing.

Under The Sea from The Little Mermaid: I from the generation that saw the renaissance of Disney animation with The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast. I remember watching The Little Mermaid as a kid and even getting together with some friends one day and performing this song in my grandpa's yard with some of the adults in the neighborhood watching us.


I Want It That Way by The Backstreet Boys: I admit, I was a boy-bander with The BSB being at the top of my list (I was in love with Brian AND Nick). I hear this song and it takes me right back to high school (plus watching the screaming girls in this video makes it look like Beatlemania all over again).

Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts: This is song is probably overused by so many couples (it was our first dance song at our wedding reception), but the lyrics really do describe my husband and I's journey to finding one another.

Comments

  1. Hey Jude is such a great song. Na na na na-na-na-naaaaaa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The na na na part always gets me because the who audience sings along. It's amazing that so many people know these songs.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, BSB! Lol I love how when you listen to a certain song it can bring you right to a memory. Also wanted to thank you for linking up this week with THE Collective :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how we hear songs and don't give them a second thought, but then we hear them months if not years later and it opens up the floodgates of memories.

      Delete
  3. I was behind Kevin from BSB on the mall escalator once and I was trying to poke my husband (then - just my boyfriend) to tell him who it was and why I was freaking out, when all of a sudden we noticed Kevin giving the "what's up" head nod to someone else on the other side of the escalator. When we turned to look who it was, it was Busta Rhymes. lol

    Anyway, you're so lucky to get to see Paul again this year. I've only seen him once and we went completely sore from singing along with him in concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only in LA will out see a boy-bander give a head nod to a rapper on the escalator at the mall LOL!

      I freaked out when I found out Paul was coming to Indy, I am so excited! My mom and her new husband are coming with us and he's never seen Paul live before and he's just as excited as I am. It's going to be a BLAST!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts